Here's the deal - the cheeseburger is the quintessential American food. A couple of years back, after reading a review in the Wall Street Journal about the best burgers in the country, only to find that three of the top five were in my own back yard, I decided that I needed to see for myself. With the help of George Motz's "Hamburger America", several lists, recommendations from friends and asking everyone about burgers from "their" town, this is the result...

If you're curious about my thoughts on foods other than burgers, check out my other blog Eat to Live? Or Live to Eat?

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Yeah Burger, Atlanta, GA (Most all of the time)

Looking back, I can't believe that I haven't said anything about Yeah! Burger.   We eat there about once every three weeks.  It's really simple: I ask Jo where she wants to eat, and, regardless of where we are or when it is, she says, "Yeah! Burger".  The concept is near perfect: they use natural and organic ingredients and allow you to build-your-own burger.  You start with the patty - beef, bison, turkey, veggie or chicken breast - and place it on a bun - southern white, whole wheat or gluten-free - and add your ingredients.

With two locations in Atlanta, Howell Mill and Virginia-Highlands, it's not "fast-food" but it is great food done relatively quickly.  The reason we go back is for the turkey burger.  I'm a beef guy (although the bison there is a less-fat alternative) but I'll have to admit that Yeah! Burger has the best turkey burger I've ever had.  
This one is on whole wheat with tomato and turkey bacon.  Usually, I add pimiento cheese but I didn't the day that I took this photo.  

And earlier this week, I decided to try the chili and cheese (pimiento) dog:
It was okay, but I'll stick with the burger in the future.  Consistently, the food is tasty and they feature monthly burger specials (this month it is crab, the lamb one earlier in the summer was really tasty) along with monthly side specials (right now it is a caprese in a cup, in May it was a beet salad that Jo ate weekly).  One of the other "nifty" menu options is that you can order Fifty-Fifty as a side (half french fries / half onion rings).

Definitely a winner in my book.



Yeah! Burger Westside on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment