Here's the deal - the cheeseburger is the quintessential American food. A couple of years back, after reading a review in the Wall Street Journal about the best burgers in the country, only to find that three of the top five were in my own back yard, I decided that I needed to see for myself. With the help of George Motz's "Hamburger America", several lists, recommendations from friends and asking everyone about burgers from "their" town, this is the result...

If you're curious about my thoughts on foods other than burgers, check out my other blog Eat to Live? Or Live to Eat?

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Leon's Full Service, Decatur, GA (March 2011)

I first heard about Leon's Full Service in an article in Atlanta magazine last year about "Cheap Eats" and they were going on about the selection of pub frites. 

Then a lawyer friend told me about this place in Decatur that served bacon, by the glass.    By the glass, you ask? 

Yep.   With a side of peanut butter for dipping.  How in the world they came up with that combination, I'll never know.  I don't think it's the kind of thing where you're sitting around and trying to decide what sandwich spread goes best with breakfast meat.  I guess it is just serendipity.

How is it?  I don't know.  I don't eat peanut butter.  I had gone with Jo and Colleen, so I turned to Colleen - she didn't eat bacon at that time.  So we turned to Jo to give the verdict on the combination.  According to her, it was a winner.   

I will say that it was pretty tasty bacon.  But then, you have to ask the universal question - "Is there really such a thing as BAD bacon?"  I believe there is good bacon, better bacon and great bacon, but, intrinsically, there is no bad bacon.  Just good bacon prepared poorly.

I did order a burger with the pub frites.   Burger was good.   Fries were excellent.
 


Leon's Full Service on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment